Bitter Gourd or Kakarkaya – 4 nos.
Onion – 1(small) chopped
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cashew powder – 1 tbsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 or 2 tsp. depends on your liking
Curry leaves – a few
Turmeric – a pinch
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
- Wash, clean and cut the bitter gourd into bite sized pieces. Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles till done. Keep aside.
- In a fry pan, add in the oil. Once hot, add in the cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once they splutter add in the onion.
- Add in a bit of salt and turmeric and fry well till the onion is cooked.
- Now add in the cooked bitter gourd and mix well.
- Put the cashew powder and red chilli powder and stir properly till well combined.
- Do a taste check and add salt or chilli powder if necessary.
- Fry for a minute and remove from the stove.
- Serve hot with white rice and ghee.
For more such easy and healthy dry veg recipes, click here to try them…