Rice – 1 glass
Split green moong dal – ¾ glass
Mixed vegetables – 2 cups (carrot, potato, peas, beans)
Black chana(soaked) – 2 tbsp.
Tomato – 1 chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp.
Peppercorns – 5 or 6
Turmeric – a pinch
Green chillies – 2
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Bay leaves – 2
Cloves – 3
Mace – a small piece
Ghee – 2 tbsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Coriander – a handful
Salt to taste
Water – 4 to 4 ½ glasses
- Wash and soak the rice and dal for an hour.
- In a pressure pan, add in a tbsp of ghee and oil and once hot, add in the masala items.
- Now add in the ginger and green chilli and saute.
- Next add in the vegetables and soaked black chana. Stir well. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and mix well. Add in salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Now drain the water and add in the soaked rice and dal. Carefully mix and cover for a minute for the flavours to combine.
- Next pour in the water and allow to simmer. Check for salt and add in if necessary.
- Just before closing the lid, add in the coriander and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides, open the lid and pour a tbsp. of ghee. Cover for a couple of minutes.
- Fluff up the mix with a fork and serve hot.
For more one pot dish varieties, click here…..