Bananas – 3, very ripe, mashed
Unsalted butter – 100 gms.
Brown Sugar – ¾ cup
Eggs – 2, lightly beaten
Maida or flour – 1 ½ cups
Baking soda – 1 tsp.
Salt – ½ tsp.
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
Cashewnuts – 1 cup, chopped
Raisins – ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg.celsius and lightly grease and dust a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Now add in the mashed bananas and eggs. Mix well.
- Now add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir till well combined.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix in the chopped nuts and raisins.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for around 45-50 mins or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it rest in pan for few minutes and then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool. Cut and serve.
This picture below is one where I put the batter into a ring mould or a bundt pan. It was for a friend’s birthday gathering. It turned out so good and was devoured so fast……
Using bananas as the main ingredient, here are some more recipes ….