Rolled Oats – 1 ½ cups
Bananas – 2 ripe and soft ( more ripe—more sweet; remember there is no sugar added )
Milk – ¾ cup
Egg – 1
Mini chocolate chips – 1/3 cup
Dried blueberries/cranberries/ raisins/ cashewnuts – ½ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp.
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp.
Nutmeg – a pinch
Salt – ½ tsp.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade and grease a muffin tray with butter or coconut oil. Keep aside.
- Take a big bowl and put the oats into it. Add the salt, baking powder and cinnamon to it. Just grate a pinch of nutmeg into the bowl. Gently mix all together and set aside.
- In another bowl, take the banana and mash it up with a fork. Now add in the egg and give it a good mix.
- Next pour in the milk and stir till well combined.
- Now take the wet ingredients and add it to the dry ingredients. Mix everything properly till you get a nice smooth batter.
- At this stage, add in your dry fruits and some of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for around 20 minutes till they are baked through and are golden brown on top.
- Cool and remove from the muffin tray and store in air tight containers.
They are best when warm. You can store for a longer period in the refrigerator and when you want one, just pop it into the microwave to warm it up. Its more delicious with some peanut butter or almond butter.