Whole urad dal or minapappu – 1 cup
Foxtail Millet or Korralu – 2 cups
Brown Rice – 1 cup
Methi seeds – ½ tsp.
- Wash the dal, millet and rice properly and soak in lots of water for 4-6 hours together with the methi seeds.
- Grind them well to form a smooth batter.
- Allow to ferment overnight.
- Next day, add a few spoons of salt and required amount of water and give it a good mix.
- The batter is ready to make dosas.
- Heat a dosa tawa. Add a big ladle full of batter, spread it around and put a bit of oil all around it.
- Let it roast for a minute and once it is done, flip it over on the other side and keep it for a while.
- Your hot, crisp golden colour dosa is ready to eat.
Another healthy option for breakfast using Millets is the Multi Millet Health Drink.