Salted Butter – 50 gms
Dark chocolate – 200 gms., chopped
Condensed milk – 300 gms.
Unsweetened khoya / mawa – 100 gms.
Mixed nuts(cashew/almond/walnut/pista) – 80 to100 gms.( very coarsely ground)
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
- On a low flame, place a non stick pan and melt the butter. Now add in the dark chocolate pieces and mix well till it totally dissolves and forms a homogenous mix.
- Now add in the condensed milk and stir continuously till it is cooked and little bubbles appear.
- Add the crumbled khoya into the pan and constantly mix for a minute.
- Next add in the nuts; remember to keep some for garnish.
- Cook the mixture becomes thick for another couple of minutes and switch off the stove.
- Pour the essence into the mix and stir till well combined.
- Pour the entire mixture into a greased tray and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining nuts on top.
- Cool for a while and cut into squares. It will take a few hours to totally cool down so that the pieces come off easily from the tray.
Here a few recipes that are perfect sweet fudgy bites…