Butter unsalted – ½ cup softened at room temp.
Brown sugar – ½ cup
Boiling water – 1/8 cup
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
Maida – 2/3 cup
Rolled oats – 1 cup
Semi sweet chocolate chips – 150 gms
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg. C.
- Coarsely powder the oats and brown sugar separately
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Dissolve the soda in water and add it to the mix.
- Now add in the essence and mix for a minute.
- Next add in the oats and flour. Combine well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a cookie tray lined with parchment paper, scoop the batter and bake for 10 -12 mins.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet for 5 mins. before removing them onto a wire rack.
For plenty more cookie recipes, click here….