Salted Butter – ½ cup
Demerara or brown sugar – ¾ cup
Egg – 1 large
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Cocoa powder – ½ cup + 3 tbsp.
Baking soda – 1 tsp.
Maida or flour – 1 cup
Cornstarch – 1 tsp.
White chocolate chips – ½ cup
Semi sweet chocolate chips – ¾ cup
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. It should be well combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cornstarch.
- Add the dry ingredients into the mix and stir well till combined.
- Now mix in both the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill the bowl in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg.C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Using your hands make 1 inch balls from the cookie dough and place on baking tray. Don’t keep them too close to one another. If the dough gets too sticky, put it back in the fridge for a while and then continue to make them and bake.
- Bake these cookies for approx. 10 mins. Remove from baking tray and cool on a wire rack.
Here are some more tasty and crunchy cookie recipes……..
a. Marbled Choco Chip Oatmeal Cookies
b. Millet Chocolate Chip Cookies
c. Bakery Style Cornflakes Cookies
d. Nutty Thumbprint Cookies with Apricot Jam Centres
e. Dark Chocolate Cookies
f. Dreamy Double Chocolate Cookies