Bitter Gourd – 200 gm.
Curry Powder – 2 tsp.
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Oil – 2 or 3 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Hing – a pinch
- Clean and chop the bitter gourd into fine rounds. Boil the pieces with a bit of salt added in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- In a kadai, add in the oil. Once it is hot, add in the cumin, mustard and hing. Saute.
- Add in the boiled vegetable pieces and stir well. Next step is to put in the powders and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly add in the sesame seeds and fry for a minute. Check for taste and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
For more such simple vegetable fry recipes, click here…..