Dondakaya – ¼ kg.
Onions – 3 chopped lengthwise
Idli karam powder – 3 tsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves – a few
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp.
Turmeric – ½ tsp.
Salt to taste
- Chop each dondakaya into 4 pieces lengthwise. Boil and keep aside.
- In a kadai, add oil and once hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves and sauté.
- Now add the onions and fry well till they change colour and turn soft.
- Add the dondakaya pieces into it and mix well. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the salt and chilli powder and sauté again.
- Once done, lastly add the idli karam powder and fry for a minute.
- Switch off the stove and serve hot.
You might also like my other dry veg recipes that are so simple to make and make a tasty combination with white rice for lunch ….