Barbati / Yard long beans– 1/4 kg.
Onions – 350 gms, finely chopped
Turmeric – 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp.
Oil – 3 tbsp., divided
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Cut the barbati into medium sized pieces and boil them with a little bit of salt. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp. of oil and once hot, add the chopped onions. To this add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook till soft on a low flame.
- Lightly blitz the onion mix. Don’t make it like a smooth paste.
- Now in the same pan, add the balance 1 tbsp.oil and to it put the cumin and mustard seeds. Let them splutter and then add the boiled barbati pieces.
- Sauté for a few minutes and then add the onion paste to it.
- Fry for another few minutes till they are well blended.
For more such simple and easy variety of vegetarian masala curry recipes, click here…