Dondakaya – 250 gms.
Onions – 1 large, chopped
Tomato – 2, chopped
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – a sprig
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Asafoetida or Hing – a pinch
Salt to taste
Chilli powder – 2 tsp.
- Chop the ivy gourd and cook in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles.
- In a pan, heat up oil and add in the mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves, hing and saute.
- Add in the onions and fry well till soft and translucent.
- Now add in the tomato and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add in the salt and the boiled ivy gourd pieces. Mix well till combined.
- Add in the chilli powder and give it a good stir. Remove from heat and serve.
Find here more recipes with dondakaya/tindora/ivy gourd ……