Bendakaya – ½ kg.
Onions – 3 finely chopped
Tomatoes -2, finely chopped
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Red chillies – 2 or 3
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp. divided
Salt to taste
Coriander for garnish
- Wash and chop the bendakaya into medium size pieces. They should be dry.
- In a pan, add oil and once hot, add the cumin, red chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry well.
- Add the chopped onions to it with a little salt and cook.
- Once they are soft, add tomato pieces and mix well and cook.
- Remove and make into a coarse paste and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add oil and add the bendakaya pieces. Fry well. Once they are cooked, add salt and mix well.
- Then add the masala paste and stir everything together. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly add chopped coriander for garnish and serve.
For more such simple and easy variety of vegetarian masala curry recipes, click here…