Potals – 200 gms.
Onion – 1 big, chopped
Tomato – 1 big, chopped
Curry leaves – a few
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Urad dal – 1 tsp.
Turmeric – a pinch
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder – 1 to 2 tsp.
Melon seeds powder – 1 tbsp.
Dessicated coconut – 1 tbsp.
- Clean and chop the potals into bite sized small pieces.
- In a pressure pan, add in the oil and once hot, put in the jeera, mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Saute for a minute.
- Now add in the onion pieces and fry well till they change colour.
- Next add in the tomato pieces and to it put salt and turmeric. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes. Once the tomatoes become soft, add in the chopped potals. Mix well.
- Fry for a couple of minutes. Add in the melon seeds powder, red chilli powder and dessicated coconut and mix till well combined, just for a minute.
- Add in a small glass of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, remove the lid and mix the curry well. Check for taste. Remove into a bowl and serve with hot rice or roti.
Using pointed gourd/parval/potals, you can try out these delicious recipes too…