Potals – ¼ kg
Sesame seeds – 3 tbsp.
Coconut – 3 tbsp. grated
Green chillies – 2, chopped
Salt to taste
- Grind the sesame, coconut, green chillies and salt to fine paste using very little water. Keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add the potals pieces with a little bit of salt and some water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles till soft.
- Now in a kadai, add a tsp. of oil and when hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and urad dal to it. Fry for a minute.
- Now add the cooked potals to it and give it a good mix.
- Then add the ground paste to the potals and stir well.
- Check for seasoning and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
You can try these other Potals/Parval recipes too..