Beerakaya / Ridge Gourd– ½ kg.
Onions – 350 gms, finely chopped
Turmeric – 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp.
Oil – 3 tbsp., divided
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Chop the ridge gourd into medium sized pieces and boil them with a little bit of salt. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp. of oil and once hot, add the chopped onions. To this add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook till soft on a low flame.
- Lightly blitz the onion mix. Don’t make it like a smooth paste.
- Now in the same pan, add the balance 1 tbsp.oil and to it put the cumin and mustard seeds. Let them splutter and then add the boiled ridge gourd pieces.
- Sauté for a few minutes and then add the onion paste to it.
- Fry for another few minutes till they are well blended.
For more such simple and easy variety of vegetarian masala curry recipes, click here…
a. Potals Masala
b. Bitter Gourd Masala Dry Veg
c. Dondakaya Onion Tomato Masala
d. Chow Chow Masala Curry
e. Potato Masala
f. Barbati Ullikaram
g. Raw Banana Masala
h. Bendakaya Onion Tomato Masala