Chow Chow – 1 no.
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Green chillies – 2 or 3
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Oil – 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Dessicated coconut – 2 tbsp.
Melon seeds powder – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Turmeric – a pinch
- Peel the skin off the chow chow and cut into pieces after removing the seed inside.
- In a pressure cooker, add in the oil and once hot, put in the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Next add in the curry leaves and green chillies. Saute.
- Now add in the onion and ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Fry for a couple of minutes till onions change colour.
- Now add in the tomato pieces and mix well. Cook till tomatoes are semi soft.
- Add in the turmeric, salt, melon seeds powder and dessicated coconut.
- Now put the chow chow pieces and give a quick stir.
- Add in just enough water to pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the lid and mix the vegetable properly so that the flavours are combined.
- Remove into a serving bowl and enjoy with hot rice or chapathi.
If you like this curry with chow chow, you might enjoy my other simple recipe using this same vegetable…… Chow Chow Dal Curry, Bangalore Vankaya Pala Kura and Chow Chow Coconut Dry Veg