Chow Chow – 1 no.
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Green chillies – 2 or 3
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Oil – 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Dessicated coconut – 2 tbsp.
Melon seeds powder – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Turmeric – a pinch
- Peel the skin off the chow chow and cut into pieces after removing the seed inside.
- In a pressure cooker, add in the oil and once hot, put in the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Next add in the curry leaves and green chillies. Saute.
- Now add in the onion and ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Fry for a couple of minutes till onions change colour.
- Now add in the tomato pieces and mix well. Cook till tomatoes are semi soft.
- Add in the turmeric, salt, melon seeds powder and dessicated coconut.
- Now put the chow chow pieces and give a quick stir.
- Add in just enough water to pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the lid and mix the vegetable properly so that the flavours are combined.
- Remove into a serving bowl and enjoy with hot rice or chapathi.