Ivy Gourd – 1 1/2 cup pieces
Tomato – 1 small, chopped
Peanuts – ¼ cup
Tamarind – a small piece
Red chilli – 1
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – few
- Dry roast the peanuts and remove the skin. Keep aside. You can grind the peanuts with skin if not allergic.
- In the same pan, add 2 tsp. oil. Once hot, add the chilli and the ivy gourd pieces. Mix well. Add a little salt. Cover and cook till the vegetable is soft.
- Add the tomato pieces. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy. Cool.
- Now grind the peanuts, tomato and ivy gourd mix together with tamarind and a little salt.
- Do the tempering with the remaining oil, cumin, mustard and curry leaves. Pour on top of chutney.
- It serves as a delicious accompaniment to white rice.
In a similar style, you can do the Ridge Gourd Peanut Chutney too. Here is the pic …
Here are a few more pachadis that are eaten with rice for lunch.