Beerakaya – ¼ kg., chopped into small pieces
Sesame seeds – ¼ cup
Tamarind – small piece
Jaggery – 1 tsp.
Red chillies – 1 or 2 based on your preference
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Oil – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – few
- Dry roast the sesame seeds and keep aside.
- In a pan, add a little oil and fry the red chillies and remove.
- In the same pan, add the beerakaya pieces and salt. Fry well till cooked.
- Now grind all the ingredients together to get a semi-smooth mix.
- Do the tempering and serve.
For recipes using Ridge Gourd or Beerakaya, you can try these out….