Dondakaya / Ivy Gourd– 1/4 kg.
Onions – 350 gms, finely chopped
Turmeric – 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp.
Oil – 3 tbsp., divided
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Cut the dondakaya into 4 pieces lengthwise and boil them with a little bit of salt. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp. of oil and once hot, add the chopped onions. To this add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook till soft on a low flame.
- Lightly blitz the onion mix. Don’t make it like a smooth paste.
- Now in the same pan, add the balance 1 tbsp.oil and to it put the cumin and mustard seeds. Let them splutter and then add the boiled dondakaya pieces.
- Sauté for a few minutes and then add the onion paste to it.
- Fry for another few minutes till they are well blended.
For more recipes with Dondakaya/Tendli/Tindora/Ivy Gourd, click here…
a. Dondakaya Onion Tomato Masala
b. Dondakaya Magaya Pachadi
c. Dondakaya Pachadi
d. Tindora Chutney
e. Whole Ivy Gourd Fry
f. Dondakaya Kothimeera Kura
g. Dondakaya Onion Fry