Dondakaya – 10 or 12, tender
Magaya or Magai – 3 tbsp.
Green chillies – 2, slit
Boiling water – ¼ cup
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Oil – 1 tsp.
Onion – few slices (optional)
- Wash and cut the dondakaya into 4 pieces lengthwise. Dry them and keep aside.
- In a vessel, take the magaya and mix it smoothly. Add some boiling water to it and mix well.
- Now add the dondakaya pieces and green chillies to it and stir well.
- Do the tempering with oil and mustard seeds and add it to this mix.
- Keep aside for a few hours at least so that the dondakaya pieces get pickled well and it gets a nice tangy taste.
- You can also add in a few sliced onions to give the dish an extra punch of taste and crunch.
For more recipes with Dondakaya/Tendli/Tindora/Ivy Gourd, click here…