Chow Chow – 2
Grated coconut – ½ cup
Green chilles – 3 or 4, sliced
Mustard sees – 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Split urad dal – 1 tsp.
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Curry leaves – few
Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and cut the chow chow into small cubes. Remove the seed in the centre and then chop into bite sized pieces.
- In a pressure cooker, boil the veggie pieces, adding water and salt for 3-4 whistles. Strain and keep aside.
- In a fry pan, add oil and once hot, add in the cumin, mustard, urad dal, chillies and curry leaves. Saute for a minute.
- Now add the cooked chow chow and stir well. Check for salt. Once the moisture reduces, add in the coconut and mix well.
- The dry veg fry is ready and is perfect with a bowl of hot white rice.
If you like this simple veg fry recipe, be sure to try out my other recipes too…