Bendakaya or Bhindi – 10 no.
Tomato – 1, chopped into big pieces
Onion – 1 large, chopped into big pieces
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Green chillies – 2, slit
Turmeric – a pinch
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp. or a bit more
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Coriander for garnish
- Wash, clean, dry and cut the vegetable into 1 inch pieces. Take a pan, add into it 1 ½ tbsp. of oil and fry the bendakaya till almost cooked. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add in the oil and once hot, put the cumin seeds and then green chillies followed by onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry till well combined and the onions turn to a light brown colour.
- Now add in the tomato pieces and mix well. At this stage, add in the turmeric powder and salt. Cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Now add in the previously fried bendakaya pieces and stir. Add in the garam masala powder and saute for a couple of more minutes till the flavours are well combined.
- Just before switching off the stove, top the curry with some fresh coriander and remove into a serving bowl.
- It can be had with both rice and roti as a side dish.
If you like this recipe, you might like these too….