Potato – 2, chopped
Methi or fenugreek leaves – 3 bunches (cleaned and chopped)
Onion – 1, chopped
Green chillies – 3, sliced
Curry leaves – a few
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes, remove the skin and chop into pieces. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil and once hot, put in the mustard, cumin, curry leaves and green chillies. Saute.
- Next add in the onions. Stir well and add in the ginger garlic paste. Saute for a couple of minutes till the onions change colour.
- Now add in the potatoes, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Add the fenugreek leaves at this stage and mix well till well combined.
- Cover and cook for a minute till the leaves wilt and are cooked through.
- Check for taste and add salt if necessary. The heat comes only from the green chillies.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
You can check out my other dry veg recipes here…