Raw banana or artikaya – 2
Salt to taste
Red chillii powder – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Split urad dal – 1 tsp.
Turmeric – ½ tsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Peel and cut the raw banana into pieces. Place in water so that they don’t change colour.
- In a kadai, add oil and once hot, do the tempering with mustard, urad dal and cumin.
- Add the raw banana pieces to it along with salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Cover and cook till done. Keep stirring in between to check if soft and cooked.
- Once done, add the red chilli powder and sauté for a minute. Switch off the stove.
You might also like my other dry veg recipes that are so simple to make and make a tasty combination with white rice for lunch ….