Broad beans or Chikkudikaya – ¼ kg chopped
Turmeric – ¼ tsp.
Chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Onion – 1 big sliced small
Grated coconut – 1/3 cup
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Split urad dal – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – a few
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Water for boiling
- Take a small pressure cooker and add the chopped broad beans, turmeric and chilli powder together with just enough water to cover and cook for 3 whistles.
- Take a kadai and add oil into it. When hot, add in the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Fry well for a few seconds. Add in the chopped onion. Mix well. Add salt.
- Cook well till onions are soft and then add the boiled broad beans. Fry for a minute and check for taste. Add salt and chilli powder as required.
- Lastly add the grated coconut and mix well for about a minute. Turn off the stove and remove into a serving dish.