Cauliflower – 1 medium cut into florets
Onion – 1 chopped
Garlic – 6 pods, minced
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Green chilies – 2, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Saunf or fennel seeds – ½ tsp.
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
Kasuri methi – 1 tsp, crushed
Garam masala – ½ tsp.
Turmeric – ½ tsp.
Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp.
Salt to taste
Water – 1/2 small glass
Coriander – 2 tbsp. for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat oil and add cumin and saunf. Once they splutter, add chopped onion.
- When the onions are translucent, add in the ginger, garlic, green chilli and mix well.
- Now add in the tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Now put in all the spice powders, salt, water and cauliflower florets.
- Mix well and cover and cook for at least 15 minutes, stirring in between at frequent intervals.
- Cook till you get your desired level of cauliflower consistency.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot. Best with hot rice or chapathi.
For a lip smacking array of masala curry dishes, you can try