Chikkudikaya or country beans – 200 gms.
Sesame – 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Green chillies – 2 or 3
Shredded coconut – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Chop the beans into small pieces and pressure cook with salt and water till soft and well cooked. Strain and keep aside.
- Make a paste of sesame, mustard, green chillies and coconut and keep aside. You can add a little water while grinding.
- Take a pan and add oil into it. Now add the cooked beans to it and fry for a couple of minutes till the moisture or wetness reduces.
- Then add the paste and give it a good mix. Check for salt and add if necessary.
- Stir fry for just a minute or two and remove into a bowl for serving. It goes well with hot rice and ghee.
Some other vegetable fry recipes using coconut …..