Chikkudikaya or country beans – 200 gms.
Sesame – 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Green chillies – 2 or 3
Shredded coconut – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Chop the beans into small pieces and pressure cook with salt and water till soft and well cooked. Strain and keep aside.
- Make a paste of sesame, mustard, green chillies and coconut and keep aside. You can add a little water while grinding.
- Take a pan and add oil into it. Now add the cooked beans to it and fry for a couple of minutes till the moisture or wetness reduces.
- Then add the paste and give it a good mix. Check for salt and add if necessary.
- Stir fry for just a minute or two and remove into a bowl for serving. It goes well with hot rice and ghee.
Some other vegetable fry recipes using coconut …..
a. Snake Gourd Coconut Fry
b. Potals or Pointed Gourd with Coconut and Sesame Masala
c. French Beans Coconut Fry
d. Ladyfinger Coconut Masala
e. Chow Chow Coconut Fry
f. Cluster Beans Masala Curry