Cluster beans – 200 gms., chopped
Potato – 1, chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Green chillies – 2 or 3
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Oil – 3 tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Fresh grated coconut – 2 tbsp.
Melon seeds powder – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Turmeric – a pinch
- In a pressure cooker, add in the oil and once hot, put in the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Next add in the curry leaves and green chillies. Saute.
- Now add in the onion and ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Fry for a couple of minutes till onions change colour.
- Add in the chopped potato pieces and mix well for a couple of minutes.
- Now add in the tomato pieces and combine. Cook till tomatoes are semi soft.
- Add in the turmeric, salt, melon seeds powder and coconut.
- Now put the cluster beans pieces and give a quick stir.
- Add in just enough water to pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the lid and mix the vegetable properly so that the flavours are combined.
- Remove into a serving bowl and enjoy with hot rice or chapathi.
If you like cluster beans, you can try out my other simple and tasty recipe of Cluster Beans or Goruchikkudu Fry with Chana Flour.
Try out some of my other vegetarian curries too…
a. Chow Chow Masala Curry
b. Pointed Gourd or Potals Masala
c. Ivy Gourd or Tendli Curry
d. Ladyfinger n Potato Masala Curry
e. Brinjal or Vankaya Onion Masala Kura
f. Aratikaya Masala Curry
g. Drumsticks Gravy Masala
h. Knol Khol or Kohlrabi Kootu