Ladyfinger – 250 gms
Potato – 1 medium chopped
Onions – 2 chopped
Tomatoes – 2 chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Green chillies – 2 or 3 depending on how spicy you want it
Coriander leaves – a handful
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Mustard – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Salt to taste
- Chop lady finger, potato and one onion into big chunks.
- Chop one onion and tomato coarsely and put in mixie along with green chillies and coriander leaves. Grind smoothly.
- Take a pressure cooker and add oil. Once hot, add cumin and mustard seeds. When they splutter add the ginger garlic paste.
- Then add the pureed mixture and stir.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add potato.
- Then add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook till potatoes are almost done.
- Now add ladyfinger pieces, onion and garam masala powder. Mix well and add little water.
- Give it a good stir and pressure cook for 1 or 2 whistles.
- Once pressure releases, remove into a serving bowl and enjoy with rice or chapathi.
For Bendakaya/Bhindi/Ladyfinger Recipes, click here…