Wheat daliya – ½ cup
Moong dal – 2 tbsp.
Tomato – 1 big, chopped into small pieces
Mixed vegetables – ½ cup , chopped into small pieces(carrot, beans,capsicum, corn, peas)
Green chillies – 3-4 nos. chopped
Ghee – 2 tbsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Sambar powder – 1 tsp.
Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped finely
Coriander leaves – a few
Salt to taste
Water – 4 to 5 cups (depending on the consistency of your choice. I like mine a lot mushy, I use more water)
- Wash moong dal and keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add ghee to it. Once hot, add cumin seeds, green chillies and daliya. Roast for a few minutes till the daliya grains change colour and there is a beautiful aroma.
- Now add the moong dal, tomato, vegetables and powders. Mix well for 2 -3 minutes.
- Next add 4 cups of water to it together with salt.
- Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Wait for the pressure to subside and open the cooker lid.
- Now give it a good stir. Add the remaining water and give a good mix. Adjust salt and chilli powder to your taste at this stage.
- Add the ginger and coriander to it and bring to a boil once again on a medium flame. This will take a few minutes. You can also simmer it for a longer time. Serve hot.
- Add a bit of ghee on top, some extra, to give a rich aromatic flavor.
You can also add green moong dal if you like. If you like your daliya to be more runny, add more water while cooking. You can enjoy it with papad, pickle or curd.
For more such variety breakfast recipes ..