Roasted vermicelli (I use Bambino)– 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Mixed vegetables ½ cup (corn, peas, grated carrot and finely chopped beans)
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Green chillies – 2 chopped
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1tsp.
Split urad dal – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves – a few
- Take a kadai and add oil into it and heat.
- Temper with cumin, mustard, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onion to it and fry well. Next add the green chillies.
- Now add all the vegetables and sauté.
- Once they are cooked, add the water and salt and let it simmer for a minute. Check for taste.
- Once the water is boiling, add the vermicelli and close the lid. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes. In between give it a good stir and check to see if done.
For some more varieties of upma …..
a. Wheat Rava Upma
b. Arisi Upma
d. Mera Rice Rava Upma