Wheat rava – 1 cup
Mixed vegetables – 1 cup (carrot, peas, corn, beans)
Tomato – 1 chopped
Onion – 1 chopped
Salt to taste
Turmeric – ½ tsp.
Green chillies – 5 chopped
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Butter or ghee – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Split urad dal – 1 tsp.
Water – 4 cups
Curry leaves – a few
1. Dry roast the wheat rava in a pan with the butter or ghee and keep aside.
2. Take a small pressure cooker and add oil into it. Once hot, add the curry leaves, mustard, cumin and split urad dal.
3. Once it splutters add the green chillies and onions. Add salt and turmeric to it.
4. Once the onions turn pink, add the tomato pieces and mix well.
5. Once the tomato is cooked, add the mixed vegetables to it and give it a good stir.
6. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Then add the water and mix well. Wait till it starts boiling.
8. Now add the wheat rava continuously stirring. Adjust salt to taste.
9. Pressure cook for 3 whistles and upma is ready.
For some more varieties of upma …..