Beetroots – 2 grated
Coconut – ½ cup grated
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp.
Curry leaves – a few
Coriander – 1 tbsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Salt – to taste
1. In a kadai, add oil and add the mustard seeds, cumin and curry leaves into it.
2. Once they splutter, add the curry leaves and then the grated beetroot.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well. Cover and cook.
4. When the beetroot turns soft, add the grated coconut, coriander and chilli powder and give it a good mix.
5. The beetroot fry is ready and goes well with rice.
You might also like my other dry veg recipes that are so simple to make and make a tasty combination with white rice for lunch ….