Butter – 100 gms, unsalted, softened
Sugar – 100 gms, powdered
Maida – 160 gms.
Egg – 1 small
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
Baking powder – ¼ tsp.
Salt – ¼ tsp.
Raspberry jam – 30 gms. approx..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Line the baking trays with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Beat together the softened butter, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and fluffy.
- Now add in the beaten egg and mix until well combined.
- Now add in the maida, baking powder and salt. Mix well till a soft dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheet. Press down the dough ball a little and make a sort of a dent in the centre of each.
- Now add in about a ½ tsp. of jam into each hollow in the centre.
- Bake for around 10 to 12 mins. till the edges start turning a light shade of brown. Cool on a wire rack and store in air tight container.
If you like these thumbprint cookies, you will surely love my Nutty Thumbprint Cookies w Apricot Jam Centres too….