Rava or semolina or suji – 1 cup
Curd – ¾ cup
Baking soda – a big pinch
Water – ¼ to ½ cup ( can add more as required to get the consistency )
Green chillies – 2, chopped
Ginger – ½ inch, finely chopped
Carrot – 2 tbsp. grated
Cashewnuts – 12, chopped
Ghee – 2 tsp. for roasting the rava; 1 tsp. for roasting cashew
Oil – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Curry leaves chopped
- First – to roast rava, take a pan and add ghee into it. Add the rava and roast on a low flame till it turns aromatic and changes colour. It may take a few minutes. Keep aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add a bit of ghee and roast the cashewnut pieces. Remove and put them into the bowl.
- Now again in the same pan, add 1 tsp. of oil and heat it. Add to the mustard seeds, chana dal, curry leaves and hing. Fry for a minute till dal changes colour and remove into the bowl.
- Now add the curds into the bowl along with the grated carrot, ginger, green chillies and salt. Mix well.
- Add water as required to make into a batter. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 mins.
- Then if the batter becomes thick, add a bit of water to get the desired consistency. Generally the batter tends to thicken after half an hour.
- Now, add the baking soda to the batter when you are ready to make the paniyarams. Give it a good stir.
- Pour the batter into the greased paniyaram pan and cook till done.
For more such easy breakfast recipes, click here….