White beans – 1 small glass
Water – 3 glasses
Onions – 2 [1 grated , 1 chopped]
Tomatoes – 2 pureed or finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
Cumin powder – ½ tsp.
Garam masala – ¼ tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Pressure cook the beans with water and salt. Strain and keep aside.
- In a kadai, add oil and once hot, add the onions and ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Add all the powders and sauté.
- Now add the tomato puree.
- After they are cooked well, add the beans to the gravy.
- Add water based on your consistency requirement.
- Add salt and chilli powder and check for taste.
- Cook for a few minutes and remove from fire.
If you wish, you can pressure cook the masala gravy ingredients with a little amount of water for 1 or 2 whistles. Then you can continue from step 5 as it is.
You may also like my recipes for a varied selection of vegetarian curries…