Unsalted butter – ½ cup
Brown sugar – ½ cup
White sugar – ¼ cup
Egg – 1
Maida or flour – ¾ cup
Oats – 1 cup ( I used quaker oats )
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Salt – ¼ tsp.
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Baking powder – ½ tsp.
Raisins – ½ cup
Chocolate chips – ½ cup, semi sweet or dark
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg.C. Prepare a square pan and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars till well combined.
- Add in the egg and give it a good mix. Put in the essence.
- Now add in the salt, soda, baking powder, flour, oats and raisins. Mix well.
- Now spread half the mixture in the pan and put the chocolate chips over this mixture.
- Next spread out the balance mix onto the choco chips layer and carefully press down.
- Bake for about 25-30 mins. till golden brown in colour. Once the mix cools down, cut into squares.
These small bites will surely take care of the sugar cravings…. for a wider variety try out one of these recipes. Some have oatmeal in them and some don’t. But all of them are nutritious and tasty.