Brownies with ice-cream or brownies with a hot cup of coffee……..delicious anytime, anywhere !! Be it fudgy, moist, with or without eggs, brownies are always loved. A crackly brownie top is what makes me lust after them.
I can never tire of eating brownies. They are a family favourite and once a batch is made, it vanishes into the tummies within 24 hours. That’s pretty fast, I must say. Normally I make brownies with or without chocolate, but this time around I made them with chocolate chips.
My friend got me a packet of chocolate chips of Nestle from the US and I checked out their website for recipes. When I read this, I thought I should try it out, but with some additions and subtractions of my own.
Semi sweet chocolate chips – 1 1/3 cup plus 1/3 cup
Parry’s Natural Brown sugar – 1 cup
Unsalted butter – 1/3 cup
Water – 2 tbsp.
Eggs – 3 small eggs
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Organic Wheat Maida – ¾ cup
Cadbury’s Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp.
Salt – a pinch
Walnuts / Cashewnuts – ½ cup
- Take a microwave proof bowl and add the 1 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, butter and sugar with the water.
- Microwave on high for about a minute approx.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon till it forms a homogenous mixture.
- Add the eggs to it and blend well.
- Now add the essence and give it a good stir.
- Add the maida, cocoa powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now mix in the remaining ingredients of chips and nuts.
- Bake in an oven proof dish for about 30 mins at a temperature of 180 degree celsius.
- To check if it is done, insert a wooden toothpick and when it comes out, it should have just a few sticky crumbs to it.
- Cool and cut into pieces.
Some more of my favourite brownie recipes ….