Rajma – 1 cup
Onions – 2 medium, chopped
Tomato – 1 large, pureed
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tbsp.
Sangi’s Kitchen Rajma Masala Powder – 3 tbsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Coriander for garnish
- Soak rajma overnight or at least for a minimum of 6 hours. Cook it in a pressure cooker with salt for about 7-8 whistles till soft in texture.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and add in the onions. Fry till they turn golden brown in colour. Now add in the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Now put the rajma masala powder and give it a good mix. Cook till oil separates from the sides.
- Next add in the tomato puree and stir till well combined. Cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Now add in the cooked rajma alongwith the water in which it was cooked. Let it simmer till you get the desired consistency.
- Check for taste. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Other delicious masala gravy curries recipes that you can easily make are….
There is also an easy and super simple pulao that you can make with the Rajma or Kidney Beans. It is very tasty and finishes quickly in a pressure cooker. It is the Rajma Pulao.