Gelatin – 1 tbsp.
Cold Water – 4 tbsp.
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – ¼ cup
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp.
Cornflour – 5 tbsp
Icing Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Mix the icing sugar and cornflour in a bowl and keep aside.
- Line a square pan with plastic wrap and dust the sugar and cornflour mix over it. Keep aside.
- Put the gelatin in a bowl and add in the cold water. Let it soak for 10 mins.
- In a saucepan, add in the sugar and water and mix well. Add the gelatin mixture to this and stir.
- Put the saucepan on the stove and bring it to boil. Now pour this into a glass bowl and add in salt and vanilla essence. Let this mix become just warm.
- Now take a electric beater and whip this mix till it becomes light and fluffy with a pale colour. It will take some time, around 15 mins.
- Now pour this into the prepared pan and again dust it with the sugar and cornflour mix.
- Leave it to set overnight. Next day, remove from the pan and cut into pieces.
- Coat each piece in the icing sugar and cornflour mix and store in an air tight container.
A recipe that you could make with Marshmallows is the Easy Rocky Road