Onions – 2 divided, 1 sliced, 1 chopped finely
Carrot – ¼ cup rounds
Capsicum – ½ sliced
Zucchini – 1 sliced rounds
Yellow squash -1 sliced rounds
Olive oil – 3 tbsp. divided
Balsamic Vinegar – 1 or 2 tsp.
Tomatoes – 2 sliced rounds
Red bell pepper – ½ sliced
Garlic – 5 pods chopped
Rice – 1.5 cups
Water – 3 cups
Fresh cream – ¼ cup
Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
Red chilli flakes – 2 or 3 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Take a shallow fry pan, add olive oil and once hot, add the sliced onions and let cook and remove.
- In the same pan, add some more oil, and sauté the capsicum and carrot together with zucchini and yellow squash.
- Once they are done, lastly add salt, vinegar and chilli flakes. Adjust taste.
- Roast the tomatoes and red bell pepper on a tawa and add it to the other veggie mix.
- Take a small pressure cooker and add olive oil to it. Once hot, add the chopped onions and garlic and fry well.
- Now add the rice, water and a bit of salt. Pressure cook.
- Once the pressure releases, add the cheese, cream and give the whole contents a good mix. Add in all the vegetables and give it a good stir before serving.
If you like this recipe of Risotto – my style, you might also like my….