Barbati – 200 gms. chopped
Onion – 2 chopped
Tomato – 2 chopped
Kitchen king masala – 1 tsp.
Green chillies – 2 chopped
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric- ½ tsp.
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin – 1 tsp.
Urad dal – ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Take a small pressure cooker. Add oil and once hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin, urad dal.
- Now add onion pieces and green chillies and fry till translucent.
- Now add the tomato pieces. When it turns mushy add the masala powder, red chilli powder and turmeric.
- Now add the barbati. Stir well and cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Add water and salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles till done.
You might also like my other dry veg recipes that are so simple to make and make a tasty combination with white rice for lunch ….