Many times, I am too lazy to make Paneer. So, I end up buying from the supermarket or the nearest grocery store. Lately, reading about packaged stuff, their good and bad points, I decided to make whatever I could at home. When you are doing an item yourself, you are assured that it is good and safe.
Ok…so now one of the first things I did was stop getting paneer from the store and started doing it at home. Whenever I want, this way I have fresh homemade paneer. It is pretty easy to make and quick too.
Milk – 1/2 litre
Lime Juice – 1 tbsp.
Curd – 1 tsp.
- Take a pan with half a litre of milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the juice of a lime and a tsp. of curd to it.
- Immediately, it gets curdled. Mix well till the curdled milk settles down and a clear liquid is formed at the top.
- Strain the paneer mix and discard the water. Keep it tied in a cloth for an hour.
- If you want to cut the paneer into cubes, put a heavy weight on the cloth for half an hour at least so that it sets like a block. Now it is easier to cut into cubes and use in paneer dishes.
- Store it in the refrigerator till further use.
Here are a few of my favourite super quick paneer dishes that you may be interested in…..
If you are keen on trying out a gravy curry to go with a roti or chapathi, these ones are good.