Dates are good for you ….. I mean the ones that you eat, not the ones you go out on… 🙂 As the trend nowadays is to eat eggless baked goods, this recipe is a good one to go to. With dates being the main ingredient, it sure is healthy and tasty.
Particularly, this is one of the first recipes I tried out without using eggs. Mostly I do my baking with eggs and this cake for a beginner of eggless baking, came out pretty pretty good. If you do not normally use eggs for baking your goodies, then this recipe is a must try.
Dates – 200 to 250 gms. deseeded and chopped
Soft cooking butter – 100 gms.
Condensed milk – 200 gms.
Maida – 1 ¼ cup
Baking powder – ½ tsp.
Baking soda – 1 tsp.
Salt – ½ tsp.
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Cashewnuts – 50 gms. chopped
Dates – 2 tbsp. finely chopped
- Soak the dates in ½ cup of warm water for 3-4 hours before making the cake.
- Sieve maida with baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk. Stir till well combined.
- Add the maida and dates alternately into the bowl and keep stirring well. If the batter seems too thick, add a little bit of the dates water.
- Now add in the chopped cashewnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan and sprinkle some dates and cashew on top.(optional)
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 50 – 60 mins. approx..
- Note – you can use apricots instead of dates and walnuts instead of cashewnuts.
For more such eggless recipes, you can try my