Ponnaganti – 2 bunches
Onion – 1 large, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Potato – 1 small, chopped
Cashewnuts – 2 tbsp.
Green chillies – 3 or 4 sliced
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Split urad dal – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Wash, clean and cut the green leafy vegetable and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add in the mustard, cumin and split urad dal. Saute for a minute.
- Now add in the green chillies and onion pieces. Mix well. Stir fry till the onion is semi cooked.
- Next add in the potato pieces and the ginger garlic paste. Mix well. Cover and cook till the potatoes turn soft.
- Now add in the tomato pieces, cashew bits, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add in the cut greens and stir fry till well combined. Cover and cook till the raw taste and smell of the greens is gone.
- At this stage you can add in more chilli powder or salt if necessary. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. The green leafy curry is ready.
- It can be eaten with both rice or roti as an accompaniment.
For more recipes with green leafy vegetables, you can try out ……