There is a story behind making this batch of cookies. Actually I made regular choco chip cookies and there was some cookie dough left behind. I tucked it away in the refrigerator for another lovely day as I was sure to have the time to make myself some cookies and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee. There is nothing more heavenly than eating a fresh batch of cookies straight from the oven while they are still warm!
So, what happened then ? My husband while rummaging stuff in the kitchen cupboard, found a half consumed packet of dried blueberries. He was the one who suggested as to why not we put them in the cookie dough. I quite liked the idea and the next day, late at noon, I made a sort of a jammy kind of blueberry mash and put this in the centre of two rounds of flattened cookie dough and baked them. Oooohh !!! they turned out so good…I was pretty happy about the entire thing 🙂
White granulated sugar – ¼ cup
Organic Brown sugar – ½ cup
Unsalted butter – ½ cup softened
Egg – 1 large
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Organic Wheat Maida – 1.5 cups
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Semi sweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup and more for topping if you prefer
Dried blueberries – ½ cup
Water – 1 cup
Salt – a pinch
- In a bowl, put water and soak the blueberries in it. After a while, put it on the stove and cook till soft and mushy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and the white and brown sugars.
- Add in the vanilla essence and egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, sieve together wheat maida, salt and baking soda together.
- Now add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the chocolate chips and combine well.
- Place the bowl covered in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Take a baking tray and place a sheet of baking paper on it.
- Take a spoonful of the cookie dough and make into a flat round shape. Put a bit of the blueberry mix on it. Cover with some more cookie dough. Keep some place in between each set on the tray so that they don’t stick together while baking.
- Put in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5-10 minutes before placing in an airtight container.
For more such easy and chocolatey cookie recipes, click here…
a. Triple Chocolate Cookies
b. Fudge Chocolate Brownie Cookies
c. Dark Chocolate Cookies
d. Classic Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
e. Dreamy Double Chocolate Cookies