Wheat flour – ½ cup
Jowar flour or Jonna pindi – ½ cup
Carrot – 1 cup, grated
Jaggery – ¾ cup, powdered
Baking powder – ½ tsp.
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Curd – ½ cup
Coconut oil – ¼ cup
Milk – 5 tbsp.
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
Almonds – a handful, chopped or grated
Can also use raisins or cashew or any other nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
- In a bowl, add curds and mix well. To it add the jaggery and give it a good stir.
- Now add into it baking soda and baking powder. Mix well and keep aside for 5 mins. meanwhile it will froth up and you can see the bubbles form.
- Now add the oil to it and mix properly.
- Next add in the flours and cinnamon powder. Mix well and see that there are no lumps.
- Add in the carrot, chopped nuts and dry fruits and combine.
- Now put in the lemon juice and milk and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased mould and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 mins. approx..
- Check if done and remove. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into pieces and store in air tight container.
For more millet recipes, especially Jowar flour, click here…