Potalakaya or snake gourd – ¼ kg cut into circles
Yellow moong dal or pesarapappu – 2 tbsp. boiled, not mashed
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Garlic – 3 to 4 pods
Mustard -1/2 tsp.
Split urad dal – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – few
Cumin – ½ tsp.
Red chillies – 2
Turmeric – ¼ tsp.
- Boil the yellow moong dal and keep aside.
- Take a kadai and add oil into it. Once hot add the garlic, split urad dal,red chillies, curry leaves, mustard and cumin.
- Once they splutter add the vegetable pieces and sauté.
- Cover and cook till the vegetable is soft. Remove lid and then add the boiled dal along with salt and turmeric.
- Fry for a few minutes. Remove from fire. Ready to eat.
If you like this curry, you may like the others too, all made with snake gourd.
a. Snake Gourd Fry
b. Snake Gourd with Coconut
c. Snake Gourd Dal Curry