Potalakaya or snake gourd – ¼ kg cut into circles
Yellow moong dal or pesarapappu – 2 tbsp. boiled, not mashed
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Garlic – 3 to 4 pods
Mustard -1/2 tsp.
Split urad dal – ½ tsp.
Curry leaves – few
Cumin – ½ tsp.
Red chillies – 2
Turmeric – ¼ tsp.
- Boil the yellow moong dal and keep aside.
- Take a kadai and add oil into it. Once hot add the garlic, split urad dal,red chillies, curry leaves, mustard and cumin.
- Once they splutter add the vegetable pieces and sauté.
- Cover and cook till the vegetable is soft. Remove lid and then add the boiled dal along with salt and turmeric.
- Fry for a few minutes. Remove from fire. Ready to eat.
If you like this curry, you may like the others too, all made with snake gourd.