Onion – 2 chopped
Tomato –2 chopped
Coriander – 1 bunch chopped
Coconut – ¼ cup grated
Ginger – 2 tsp. chopped
Green chillies – 2 sliced (adjust according to your spice taste)
Turmeric – ¼ tsp.
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Split urad dal – 2 tsp.
Curry leaves – a few
Hing or asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp.
1. Take a kadai. Once hot, add oil into it. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, split urad dal, hing, curry leaves, ginger pieces and chopped green chillies. Fry for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the onion pieces to it along with salt and fry till they are semi soft.
3. Then add the tomato pieces and turmeric into it and fry well. Cover and cook for a few minutes till soft.
4. Now add in the coriander and sauté well for a couple of minutes. Switch off the stove and cool the mixture.
5. In a mixie jar, blend the mixture by adding the grated coconut and a little bit of water if you wish. Check for taste.
Here are some more breakfast chutneys that are quick and easy to make…..